The average age of menopause in the UK is 51 years but it can occur at any age. The perimenopausal symptoms such as night sweats, hot flushes, pins & needle, dry skin, hair loss, loss of libido, mood swings and that can lose up to five years in many women. The long-term consequences of menopause are osteoporosis (brittle bone) and heart-related problems.
Who is it for?
All peri and postmenopausal women.
At least once a year.
What does it involve?
- Consultation with Consultant Gynaecologist
- Blood pressure and BMI check
- Abdominal and pelvic examination
- Consultation on HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy)
- Advice on lifestyle
- Blood Tests
- Hormone profile (FSH, S Estradiol) if indicated
- Vitamin D levels
- Thyroid Function Tests
- Additional Tests for Ovarian and cervical cancer screening can be added
- Pelvic Ultrasound Scan
- Ca125 levels
- Cervical smear